Friday 25 March 2011

My Response to Footage and Overall Piece

Now that I have seen all of our footage placed together and seen the opening sequence edited, it looks as good as, if not better than what I had originally imagined. Even though, we had to change a few of the scenes and shots we had originally intended to use, I believe it still looks as good as it would have with the other scenes. I particularly like the shot of the cigarette falling to the floor in slow motion as it is different and the sparks it creates make it more interesting to watch. The fact that it also leads to a flashback as it hits the floor makes it more interesting and what also makes it one of my favourite shots. The other shot that I particularly like is the low angle shot of the killer right at the end, from the point of view of the victim. It is also a different shot and adds more variety to the opening sequence. Its also a different way of showing the audience how someone is killed instead of a standard shot from the side or at the same height as the killer.
The opening sequence overall, I believe, makes the audience ask questions and want to know what will happen next. It doesn't reveal much about the film that follows, but in a way this is a good thing as it makes the audience want to stay and watch more. It has met my expectations and as a group we have shared responsibilities and ideas, not letting one person take control over everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment